The Digital Curation Centre in collaboration with Jisc and STFC-UKRI will be hosting RDA'S 17th Plenary meeting on 20-22 April 2021 at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.
Plenary 17 in Edinburgh will focus on the themes of global challenges, global mechanisms for data reuse, sustainable solutions with benefits for all, and global cooperation to realise these ends.
- How do you ensure global participation in the creation, relevance and use of mechanisms (technical and social) for data interchange?
- How can technology lower barriers to uptake - and when might it create barriers?
- What means can we create to overcome non-technical barriers to uptake, be they formal (such as legislation and workflows) or informal, behavioural ones?
- How do RDA values encourage diversity and safeguard the interests of all, rather than favouring privileged groups?
- How can global fora speed up research into crises such as COVID-19, climate change and bio-diversity?
The following Calls are still open:
- Call for co-located virtual events, closes 12 February, 23:59 UTC.
- Call for poster abstracts, closes 26 March, 23:59 UTC.