These terms govern your use of the Australian Research Data Commons Limited (ARDC) websites.
You are only authorised to access or use an ARDC website if you accept and agree to these terms. Your continued use of this or any ARDC website is acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these terms and any changes to them that ARDC posts to its websites from time to time. Except where indicated, changes are effective immediately on posting.
Although ARDC takes care to ensure otherwise, it does not warrant or guarantee that:
- you will be able to access the website at all times;
- your access will be uninterrupted or secure;
- information found on the website is current, accurate or complete; or
- the website and server are free of viruses and bugs.
ARDC does not accept responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on its websites. If ARDC considers that information or content on this website is unreliable or inaccurate, it may, at its own election:
- inform users of the website;
- endeavour to make an appropriate correction;
- remove any information or content, including but not limited to any of your Content and/or links to other websites, without giving any explanation or justification; or
- suspend the operation of all or any part of this website.
To the extent permitted by law:
- all implied terms and warranties are excluded;
- in no event will ARDC be liable to you or any third party for any direct or indirect loss arising from your use of the website, your reliance on any information found on the website or any technical failures, delays in operation or transmission or malfunctions in equipment or software; and
- if statutory consumer guarantees or implied terms apply to the supply of a service, ARDC’s liability for any breach of those consumer guarantees or implied terms is limited to, at ARDC’s option, provision of the services again, or paying the cost of having the services provided again.
You must not post, process or transmit on or through the website:
- any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever, including without limitation any transmissions that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- any information, image, text or other material of any kind whatsoever which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person (including intellectual property rights or privacy), without first obtaining permission from the owner or relevant right holder; or
- material of any kind which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software.
You will at all times indemnify and keep indemnified ARDC and its respective officers, employees and agents from and against any loss (including reasonable legal costs and expenses) or liability incurred by any of those indemnified arising from any claim, demand, suit, action or proceeding by any person against any of those indemnified where such loss or liability arises out of, in connection with or in respect of any breach of these terms by you but only to the extent that ARDC is not otherwise indemnified in respect of your actions (other than under a policy of insurance held by ARDC).
ARDC holds the copyright to all original material produced and displayed on this site. Except for logos or where otherwise indicated, all of ARDC’s work on an ARDC website is licensed under the Creative Commons 4.0 International Attribution Licence. That means you are free to copy, reuse and share material on this site as long as you acknowledge its source. Credited and supplied images not owned by ARDC may only be reused with the express permission of the original image owner, or with appropriate credit for images licensed under Creative Commons.
More information on how to acknowledge ARDC can be found here https://ardc.edu.au/about_us/acknowledging-ardc/
The website contains links to other websites that are external to ARDC. ARDC has no direct control over the content or operation of the linked websites and is not responsible for such content or operation. Inclusion of any linked website on the website does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by ARDC.
If you become aware of misuse of the website by any person, any errors in the content on the website, any difficulty in accessing or using the website, or any questions about these terms, please contact ARDC https://ardc.edu.au/contact-us/.
These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time without notice by posting the new terms to the website. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
The Australian Research Data Commons is committed to ensuring its online content is accessible to everyone regardless of ability.
In order to allow all our users to access and enjoy our content the Australian Research Data Commons is in the process of updating its websites to achieve compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 guidelines.
While every effort is being made to ensure that websites hosted by the Australian Research Data Commons are WCAG 2.0 compliant, we acknowledge that there are still sites that may not yet have achieved this. If you have found an accessibility issue on this, or any other Australian Research Data Commons website, please let us know so we can address the problem.