We respect your right to privacy.
We comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988. The Privacy Act regulates how:
- we collect, use, disclose and store personal information
- you can access and correct records containing your personal information.
Any personal information we may collect shall be used by us and for no other purpose without your permission. We may collect your personal information when you:
- access and use our website and web based channels
- talk to our representatives via telephone or in person
- complete an application or expression of interest
- sign up to attend an event (both physical and virtual).
Our commitment to you is the Australian Research Data Commons will not sell, rent or share any customer identifiable information with any third party unless it is in relation to specifically managing your online enquiry.
User access to and use of this site is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Links to other websites
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"), to help improve the efficiency and usability of this website.
Google uses this information to evaluate your use of our website, compile reports on website activity and provide other website and internet usage services. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where they process information on Google's behalf.
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of the Australian Research Data Commons
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
MailChimp may transfer this information to 3rd parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on MailChimps’s behalf. MailChimp collects information about:
- when you visit the website
- when you use the services
- your browser type and version
- your operating system and other similar information.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
By subscribing to our eNewsletter, you will be taken to have consented to your personal information being used as described above. This means:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- As you have consented to the disclosure of your personal information to MailChimp, Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us.
The Australian Research Data Commons is committed to ensuring its online content is accessible to everyone regardless of ability.
In order to allow all our users to access and enjoy our content the Australian Research Data Commons is in the process of updating its websites to achieve compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 guidelines. While every effort is being made to ensure that websites hosted by the Australian Research Data Commons are WCAG 2.0 compliant, we acknowledge that there are still sites that may not yet have achieved this. If you have found an accessibility issue on this, or any other Australian Research Data Commons website, please let us know so we can address the problem.